Saturday, July 21, 2012

QuiltCon Block

Here's my block for the QuiltCon Block Challenge.  I hate to admit how long I've been working on this block (cough twomonths cough) - I started it, and was only be able to work on it here and there - but it's finally done!  It's a big one, measuring 12.5" x 24.5".




I was 100% inspired by this picture I found on Pinterest a while back.  I originally planned to have the middle row of chevrons the longest, like in the picture, but changed my mind once I started.  I call this "cascading chevrons."


My oldest daughter wanted her picture taken with it, especially since she "helped" me today finishing the last row.


I'll be sending it off, along with others from the Emerald Coast MQG after our meeting next week!  And maybe - maybe - I can get another block done before then.

Check out what other beautiful blocks have been made for this challenge in the QuiltCon Flickr Group.

2 comments: