Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More Festival and Other Stuff...

On Saturday, Melissa and I went back to the Quilt Festival in Long Beach, wearing our LAMQG gear, and meeting up with other guild members. I got more fabric, but y'all don't want to see that. Here's a picture of those of us that came to festival (well, not all of us, but this was the best we could do) that I'm stealing from Alissa's blog. Don't we look cool?



In other news, one of my good friends is getting married on Friday. She told me a while back that there was this apron that she fell in love with at Kohl's, but she didn't get it. When she went back to get it, it was gone. She described it as "perfect." Then she told me she wanted me to make her one. No pressure, right? She saw the apron I made (which can be seen on my other blog), and she really liked it, so she wanted me to make one for her in red and black, which is going to be her kitchen colors. I got the idea to make her some hot pads to go along with the apron.

This was all back in May. Early May. Plenty of time to get everything done. But did I do it then? No! I started, with every intention of finishing early, but I got frustrated, and gave up. I blame my old machine. Two days ago, I decided to not pick up the stuff that I had already started on, and instead start from scratch. I have to say, I'm glad I did. I like what I made in these last two days much better than the things I started in May. The original apron I made was red with the patterned fabric as the accents. And the hot pad I started back then...well, it's terrible. Just last week, I saw this tutorial for a bullseye block, and I thought that would be perfect for the hot pads. So see, my procrastination paid off.

Wow, this is turning into a long post.

Anyways, here's the finished product. As you can see, I had some trouble getting a good picture, because I had a monkey crawling all over it.




So this picture will have to do.




It's definitely not perfect, and has plenty of that character stuff, but hopefully she likes it. I'm giving it to her today.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!! I love your red/black/white fabric. And the hot pads turned out perfect! Well done! You've come a long way! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! What an excellent gift. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete