Friday, May 6, 2011

Bee Happy - May

I said a while back that I joined my first bee - it's the second round of Bee Happy.  I decided to just go ahead, jump right in, and take the first month, even though I kind of don't know what I'm doing.

I had started collecting some of the McKenzie line from Dena Designs months ago.  I knew I wanted to use it for a quilt for my bed, but didn't know exactly what I wanted to do with it.  Then I joined the bee, so I figured I would use it for that!

But as far as what I wanted, I still didn't know. 

Then I was watching Monsters, Inc. with my oldest daughter, and there's a scene with a warehouse full of doors.  So it hit me that it would be super cool to have everyone in the bee to a door!  House blocks are pretty popular, but I had never seen door blocks!  So I went on Flickr, and sure enough, door blocks had been done.  But that didn't make me not want to do it - if anything, it pushed me more to do it, because the blocks I saw were super cool!

In this particular bee, it's pretty standard to do 2 blocks, so I still didn't know what I wanted to do for that second block.  I was talking to Ramona about it, and she said, "What about a window block?" 

I loved the idea!

So that's what I'm going with.

Here are my blocks, which I'm going to be honest, I'm not totally over the moon about.  I like them, but I feel like they're pretty simple.  So I may end up changing them later.




That being said, I can't WAIT to see what everyone makes!  Here's all the fabric packaged up and ready to go...


PS - Did you know I was having a giveaway?  Check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment