I'm pretty excited, because I finished Nathaniel's quilt top! But I'm changing the name from "Nathaniel's Quilt" to the "M&N (Painting Inspired) Wedding Quilt" - how's that for a name?
Anyways, back around Christmas time when I was in Florida, I sketched out what I wanted to do with my inspiration from Nathaniel's painting. I'm very much a visual person, so I have to sketch everything out if I'm not using a pattern. I pieced all the little colored blocks together as soon as I got back from Florida, but when it came time to cutting all of the background fabric, I ended up breaking the sketch up into five sections, so it made more sense to me.
I got the first section done yesterday, but I was able to finish the other four today while my girls were napping!
So here it is - excuse the bad picture. I tried taking an artsy picture outside, but the sun was going down, and the colors looked kind of washed out.
I'll be doing the back improv-style, with leftover fabric from the front.