Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mug Rug Mania!

I joined the second round of the "Scrappy Mug Rug Swap" on Flickr. We're supposed to mail out our mug rugs by November 29. I should be able to mail mine out today, but I'm thinking about making something extra. Just a small something. I don't know, though.

Anyways, here's the mug rug I made for my partner. I really hope she likes it.




And here's a close up of the quilting. The idea just popped into my head, and I wasn't sure how it would look, but I really love it.




My thought is that it can be reversible, so I don't really think of the back as a "back." Does that make sense? I also don't want to put a label on it, because I think that will just totally take away from the look of the rug, and will make the back the "back."

Hmm, maybe I won't send this out today. Too many decisions left to make.

1 comment:

  1. As the recipient of this wonderful mug rug, I have to say I love it! For some reason it looks like two windows to me, with shutters being pulled back to see the owl and the pussycat and with a window pane on the back through which you can peep at the princess. Great job, thanks again, I'm so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete