Happy WiP Wednesday to you! First of all, I want to start out with some finishes, because those always make me feel good.
I talked about this Zip Organizer from the book Zakka Style earlier this month, and I finished it a couple of weeks ago, just never got around to blogging about it. It's not perfect, but it's done!
I kind of cheated on the binding a little bit...so please don't look to closely at it. I machine bound the whole thing, and, well, yeah...it's not perfect.
Whenever I put zippers in, I'm always a little amazed that they actually work!
I love the inside! I think my friend is really going to like this (it's for her birthday).
This wasn't the easiest thing in the world to make, but not too difficult that it scared me away. I definitely want to make one of these for myself! Just FYI, if you ever make one, please check out the Zakka Style Sew Along Flickr Group discussion on this project, because there are a few errors in the book, and everything is covered there.
In my last blog post, I mentioned that I would start working on fixing up my sewing chair. We live in the Florida Panhandle, and Isaac was supposed to come straight to us, and this chair was going to be my no-electricity project. However, he decided to go over to New Orleans, and we're getting very, very little of the storm - a little wind, a good bit of rain, but nothing crazy.
I was still able to finish the chair, though! Here's a good before and after...
Quite a difference, huh? I'm so glad I painted the chair before the storm came, because the paint had plenty of time to dry before I got around to doing the seat. Oh, I should say that when I first painted the chair, I painted it gray. It was nice, but it wasn't me - at all! So I went with green, and I'm so happy I did! Green is my favorite color, and I particularly like this shade of it.
For the seat, I used this tutorial that I found on Pinterest. I wasn't sure about what color to use for the seat, but I had these two shades of Essex Linen (light blue and dusty blue), and I liked the way they looked together with the green chair. I originally got the light blue linen for this Zig Zag quilt that I made, but after getting it, I decided it was too light, and got the dusty blue to use for the quilt instead. So I had about a yard and a half of the light blue linen, and just a little bit of the dusty blue. I had the perfect amount - literally! I didn't think I would have enough strips, but when I got to the last one, I realized it was perfect! I love it when that happens.
And look, it actually holds a person (my husband was skeptical)!
Yes, she's tiny, but me and my husband also tested it out. Kendall is the one that wanted to be in the picture, though.
Even though we're getting very little of the storm, she's been out of school for the last two days, and my husband has been off work, which has been so great. I've been able to get a lot of work done organizing my sewing room (which means folding lots and lots of fabric).
Now for the WiP part (if you're still reading), I have four quilts to bind! I just realized that I left one of the quilts out of this picture, but you get the idea.
I have never had this many quilts quilted, but not bound before! Usually, when I finish the quilting, I immediately bind it.
I also still need to do one more birthday gift for next week, and baby quilt before our trip in September, but I'm hopeful that I can actually get it all done!
So that's it! Check out what other people are working on today over at Freshly Pieced.