Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Almost Forgot!

I didn't blog about it before, because I wanted it to be a surprise, but for Christmas, I made my sister an apron and hot pad set.

Earlier in the year, she asked for a full apron.  Leave it to me to wait until the end of the year to actually do it!  I had seen Sew Liberated's Emmaline Apron pattern a while ago, and I'm glad I chose it, because it turned out so cute!  My sister said she wanted something in blue and cream, and I immediately thought of Denyse Schmidt's Greenfield Hill line.  This is me modeling it, you'll have to excuse the huge preggo belly...



I like alot of things about this apron, but the thing I like the most is that it's reversible.  Two aprons in one - it doesn't get better than that!  The other thing I like is all the nice little features that give the apron lots of great character - like the gathered bodice, the darts in the skirt, and the bias binding.

I didn't want to give her just the apron, so from the scraps I made her to hot pads. 


Here's the whole set together.


I'm happy to say that she liked it!  And I'm glad I decided to make those hot pads, because as she was opening her gift, she said, "Oh, I needed some of these!"  That's always a good feeling.  And I have to say that honestly, this wasn't my favorite fabric line.  But after it's all said and done, the fabric made a really beautiful apron, and I'm glad I went with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment