Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm still here!

I know I haven't updated in about 2 weeks, but that's not because I haven't been working on stuff!

Can I just say that sometimes, I get ahead of myself, and jump into something without realizing all of the details?

In this case, that would be starting this fascination of mine with quilting, without knowing that the binding is to be hand-stitched.

So, it's taking me some time. Mainly because I can only do it for about 20 minutes or so at a time until I go cross-eyed.

I'm still working on the mini quilt. I've gotten about half of the binding done. I'm hoping to finish it this week.

I also started another project - a quilted bag. If it turns out okay, I might even post my very first tutorial! I looked online for a tutorial for the picture I had in my head, but couldn't really find anything. So, I'm using a lot of the skills that I've learned so far with all of my projects - camera strap, apron, quilt, etc. I've been taking pictures along the way, but I just don't know if it will be worthy of a tutorial when it's all said and done.

So stay tuned.

1 comment: